Thursday, February 26, 2009

This time four weeks ago, I was beyond nervous waiting for my host mom to pick me up from school. I hadn't met my family yet and had only been in Costa Rica for a few hours. I can't believe I have been here for a month already - time has flown by! I was talking with my host mom yesterday about how fast the days have gone by. She told me how sad she was going to be when I left and what a joy it has been to have me in their home. I couldn't even tell her how sad I was going to be to leave Costa Rica without tearing up.
I have rode a horse on the beach, hiked in a rainforest, watched the sun set, came within 2 feet of a wild monkey, observed all sorts of wildlife, traveled on my own, slept in a hammock, wondered around downtown San Jose, rode a bus to no where in particular just to see what was there, eaten so many different fruits and veggies, made great friends with my classmates, missed my family and friends from back home, met the most interesting strangers, adjusted to no internet car or cellphone, am okay with taking cold showers, developed an enjoyment of listening, and so much more.
This place has truly changed my heart, mind, and soul in just a short amount of time. I don't even know all that will come of the next 11 weeks..

No comments:

Post a Comment